" "

Registering a Tiny House on Wheels in Connecticut

To register a tiny house in Connecticut, you will need the following:

  1. Receipts for the parts/items that were used to make the trailer. Please see Classification of Trailers as Homemade for more information.
  2. Completed Application for Registration and Certificate of Title (Form H-13). Download the form, fill out online, and print to bring with you. Vehicle information should identify the trailer being registered (i.e. year-2010, make-Homemade, body style-flatbed trailer).
  3. Identification will be required to register a trailer. Please see list of Acceptable Forms of Identification.
  4. An Affidavit of Ownership (form H-115) must be completed. An Affidavit of Ownership (form H-115) must also be completed when prior ownership cannot be determined.
  5. Inspection: A safety inspection is required for all homemade trailers. Please see Inspection of Trailers for more information. A VIN will be assigned to the trailer.

Official link: http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=810&q=245094

In This article

Get More On the Tiny Lifestyle

Need more content but don’t have time to browse? We get it! Life can be crazy.

Subscribe and we’ll send great articles, useful resources, plus more straight to your inbox. No more hunting for the right tools and resources. We’ve got you covered.

Share this post with your friends

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
About the Author
Stephanie McQueen
Stephanie McQueen
Stephanie is the content curator and resource hoarder of all things tiny houses. She believes everyone can live a sustainable lifestyle, no matter the size of your house. Connect with Stephanie through LinkedIn or her done-for-you branding agency, Employed By Life Online.
Read More Like This

Leave a Reply