I’ve been wanting to introduce you to the FIRE movement for quite a long time, and I finally found the guest to do it! If you haven’t heard of it, FIRE stands for Financial Independence Retire Early. It’s a movement dedicated to extreme savings and investment and it allows people to retire far earlier than traditional budgets and retirement plans allow. My guest, Diania Merriam, is both a participant in the movement and is also in the process of organizing a conference to share these ideas. FIRE is very applicable to the tiny house movement and Diania is here to tell us all about it!
In This Episode:
- The idea of the FIRE movement and how it differs from traditional attitudes toward money.
- Things people can do now to start saving money
- Cooking your own food is about more than just saving money
- How the FIRE movement helps you meet your needs in an efficient way
- The ways that the tiny house movement and FIRE movements compliment each other
- Why do these movements provoke negative reactions from others?
- Is the FIRE movement doable for everyone?
- What is involved in extreme frugality?
- The EconoMe Conference