Exclusively for Tiny House People
Why do I love tiny homes?
A tiny house building company recently had a contest where the entrants were asked to answer a simple question, "Why do you love tiny homes?" Here's my answer:
- I love tiny homes because they bring the opportunity for expression of residential creativity and individuality to folks who would otherwise have to settle for cookie cutter dwellings.
- I love tiny homes because they bring back into the control of the individual, the provision of their own shelter, without having to be in debt to banks.
- I love tiny homes because they can stay with us our whole lives - no need to keep selling and buying your home when you can move it with you.
- I love tiny homes because they can be perfect for the homeless (with the right community support) as well as the wealthy (as vacation homes or rental houses).
- I love tiny homes because at the same time they provide these opportunities for individual expression and control, they are in harmony with the greater good of reducing our consumption of fuel and material possessions.
- I love tiny homes because they are provoking positive conversations with zoning boards and housing authorities, helping us to reexamine our neighborhood priorities.
I'm sure you have your own reasons, and as you explore this website, I hope you'll be able to discover even more things you love about tiny homes.
Video Tour of Tiny House
Take a tour of Elaine Walker's tiny house, hosted by
Emily Lindahl of Florida Tiny House Enthusiasts.